Sunday, September 14, 2008

rain, rain, rain...

WOW! That was a TON of rain from Ike! I am so thankful we do not live in Houston or Galveston. There have been even more evacuees that came into town after the storm was over because they did not have electricity. Mom and dad came over on Saturday to join in on our movie watching because they lost electricity. I rented about 5 movies on Saturday and we ended up with some pretty wierd ones. I think I have lost the renting knack or something. I guess i just need to stick with ones that I have heard of. Two of them just ended at crazy parts and after that we didn't watch anymore of the ones that I rented and Dad and Ray went to get dinner and another movie. Next time I will be walking through the interior movie aisles instead of the new/ recent releases. We have seen those newer ones that we need to see, i suppose... I digress...

Anyways, we had a good lazy day on the couch in the rain- Frannie would not go out for anything- she HATES the rain... It is pretty funny... We had tons we could do around the house, but I (easily) talked Ray into just relaxing on Saturday and saving the work for another day. It was really nice, really nice not to be at the bad end of the storm. We are thankful for that and that we didn't lose any trees as there are a lot down in the neighborhood.

1 comments:

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

We were lucky that the storm turned before it hit us. We had a decent rain storm but nothing too horrible. No trees down and no electricity out as far as I have seen.