Monday, July 6, 2009

Independence Weekend...

We thought it was pretty funny that our last weekend of "independence" before our sweet baby arrives involved Independence Day. We enjoyed celebrating with friends (one of their daughter's birthdays) and then fireworks from the Reed Arena Parking Lot. I must say that it was refreshing once again to be in B-CS and not in DFW where everything is so over the top. We made it out to Addison's Kaboom Town twice while living up there and it was incredible, but pretty overwhelming the money spent on fireworks.

It cooled off with a nice breeze in time for fireworks (or waiting for fireworks) and I was happy that Ray was able to see his fireworks this year. He really loves the 4th of July and fireworks, really the month of July and I am so happy that Claribel will provide him another reason to love the month of July!

Ray took the above photo... i looked over right in time- seriously that is a big belly... and some really swollen feet. I never knew how bad my finger joints would hurt from all of the fluid retention as well (I don't think my fingers LOOK that swollen, but I sure feel it)

2 comments:

Rebecca & Tucker said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah! I love the updates! The letters look great. Wow, from the looks of independence day celebration, I bet your body is looking for to independence from Miss Claribel! It's fun to see what you look like!

Alissa said...

Hey Melissa! I have been checking in for updates on Claribel...I'm guessing you haven't had her this week, so tomorrow's the day? Can't wait to see her...thinking of you...