Wednesday, November 11, 2009

busy busy...

We have been busy over here at the Thomas household. The fall always seems to go quickly and football usually keeps the weekends busy as well. I have been going through Civil 3D training this week which has meant longer days at the office (I am staying until 5 where as normally I leave around 2 or so). Tomorrow is the last day for that and I am really glad- I have been missing that extra time with one sweet baby in particular.
Yesterday I went to eat lunch at Koppe Bridge with some co-workers during our training break to discuss one of our projects and guess who walked in with his secret service entourage? George Bush Senior. Very cool! He had about 3 secret service with him in the restaurant and as we were leaving there was another SUV in the parking lot with what looked like 3 more Secret Service. It wasn't too crowded there which was fun and he was about 3 tables away from us. I just smiled at him at one point and he smiled back.
I think it is so cool that of all places he is in B-CS a lot.
Sweet baby Claribel turned 4 months yesterday- holy moly I can not believe it! I will have a post on that soon... I got her laughing really good in the car last night on the way home from dinner- so cute! Can't wait until those chuckles are more common place occurances. Wow, how much I love that little thing!
More to come-

3 comments:

Kier's Serendipity said...

4 months already?!?!? Where has the time gone?

katy said...

I envy your brush with fame -- I would love to see Bush, Sr. in person some time!!

Melissa said...

katy- I know! I had always wanted to see him and it was vedry very cool!