Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Ten years ago

I can't believe it has been 10 years since that aweful night at TAMU. There has been a lot of talk this year on the news, in Texas Monthly, etc. which has brought all of those memories back. It has brought up interesting conversations with several of the students that work with us since I was in school when it happened. I think it is hard for anyone to tyuly understand what it was like unless you were a student at that time. Even though I did not personally know anyone that passed away, it was a devastating tragedy to have happen my junior year. There is so much talk of people wanting to bring bonfire back to campus, but in my opinion (and probably in many more that were in school at the time) that tradition died with the 12 students. It would be really hard to have that on campus again. I know I am rambling... but it is hard to verbalize my thoughts...
May our great Comforter be with those families that are missing their children, brothers and sisters that passed away 10 years ago.

0 comments: