Saturday, November 22, 2008

guest bedroom...

I started this post the week the Slack fam and Megan came to visit in late October... I am finally posting it with pictures...
Finally we are done with the guest bedroom (well sort of, I still have a lot of closet organizing and unpacking to do). My dear friends Lori and Megan are coming into town and we needed the bedroom so it was a good deadline push for us. Phew, that was a lot of work... and Ray will laugh at this because I don't even know the half of the work since he is the one who did the worst part, well him and my dad... You can't tell from the before pictures but this room had the heaviest texture on the walls I have ever seen. It hurt when you leaned your arm against it it was so heavy. We had the same texture in the kitchen/ living room. So my dear, sweet father and Ray skim coated the wall with sheetrock mud and sanded, patched, sanded, patched... until we had *LOVELY* smooth walls. The only texture is the paint, which Ray did a fabulous job of rolling, by the way. I was the cut-in painter girl this week. I really love the color we have chosen for pretty much all of our walls. It is such a nice tan-grey color. So soothing, unlike the mustard yellow that was in this room before- eek!
"after" picture... I really love the way it turned out- so calm and soothing
"after" picture- I love the picture I found on clearance at Target
before picture- I didn't do a good job of these before pics... this is the window that is barely in the 2nd "after" picture- it is hard to see the texture on the wall, but you can see the lovely mustard color :)

0 comments: