Monday, November 3, 2008

multitalented Ray...

Saturday was a very productive day (actually morning) at the Thomas house, thanks to my very capable husband... He said how this stage of the house stuff is really nice because you can get so many things done in a day... So, this is the list of his "checks" on our house list from the weekend.
1. Replace the fan in the kitchen, for some reason the fast speed had slowed to a crawl
2. Replace the hall light fixture
3. Replace the shower head
4. Install 2 smoke detectors
5. Replace the front porch light
6. Hang lots of pictures for me; in the kitchen, living room and hall
7. Hang up the Kuckoo clock in the living room

Still to do for our existing house to be completed (not including the new master, bath, and laundry in the garage addition, that is still to come).
1. Wall repair and paint the bathroom a lovely dark sage color
2. Paint Ray's office
3. Paint the exterior of the house (that will be a chore!)
4. Still need Gerald, the wood floor guy to come back and install the quarter round in the kitchen and fix the spot on the floor that was marred when we installed the oven (need to call him and get back on his list!)

I must say at times I am jealous of my little sister that just moved into a brand new house that they built... nothing to do to move in except landscaping... but yet I know that Ray and I much more enjoy doing it ourselves and seeing the finished product- It is just such a process, that I wish was over at this point.

1 comments:

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

Home renovation is the never ending project. I am very impressed that Ray accomplished all that of that this weekend. That is quite a list. Don't worry, in a few years your sister will have a lot of repairs as well.