Tuesday, September 15, 2009

pb&j

For the past 31 years, I have never eaten a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I guess I must have had a bite when I was little, but I don't remember. All I remember is that I did not like them and never wanted to eat them; they kind of grossed me out, honestly. I would have opted for peanut butter and honey or just peanut butter if I had to. Last week, I was putting some yummy bonne mama's blackberry preserves on my bagel for breakfast and accidentally dripped a glob on the bread that I was going to make a sandwich out of for lunch. I had a dilemma... throw away said piece of bread or try peanut butter and jelly for the first time in YEARS. I decided that I might actually like it with the yummy fresh ground honey roasted peanut butter from the HEB and the tasty preserves. Well, I did like it! In fact, I have had quite a few of them since this realization last week. I guess all this time I was a peanut butter and jelly snob... It just had to be the right peanut butter and jelly! yummy! I just had one for lunch at work and it was oh so tasty! Hey- has anyone ever had a pluot (plum apricot hybrid)? I bought some at the lovely Farm Patch in town and it is really good! I really need to start going there once a week- I think it would be a great way to start my Saturday mornings.

3 comments:

Alissa said...

How funny....I don't remember that you never ate peanut butter and jelly. You have a lot of catching up to do!

And yes, I think the Farm Patch would be so much fun for a weekly trip....I have fun memories of going there with my mom (and back then, I had no appreciation for the good stuff they have).

Rebecca & Tucker said...

I had a pluot today, as a matter of fact. I absolutely love love love them. As I was eating it I thought, "This may be my favorite fruit!" It's a plum/apricot mix.

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

That is really funny.