Wednesday, June 3, 2009

6 more weeks...

I truly can't believe that I only have 6 more weeks until Claribel's due date! It has gone by really fast, yet slow at the same time. I have much still to accomplish, but at this point, I have a place for her to sleep and feel like she could come and it would be fine. Still on my list are organizing her room... the majority of which can hopefully happen this weekend, painting some wooden letters that spell her name, painting 2 canvases for art for her room (Ray is going to do this), dad is going to spray her changing table amd another piece of furniture for the room, and that should be it.

We decided to go ahead and unpack the rest of the boxes that had not been unpacked from our move a year ago February. Our house was not completely done, so lots of boxes have been in the garage. It felt really good to deal with all of that stuff- repack and organize stuff to use once we have another bedroom/ bathroom, take tons of stuff to Goodwill and get a box together for Half Price Books. Phew... it was quite a chore last weekend, and our house is still a disaster of sorts, but it feels good to have dealt with it.

Ok, it is off to bed for me- I pretty much make it to about 8:30 and am ready to hit the sack. Makes it hard to get much done during the week after work :)

Oh, and Claribel is moving around and growing like CRAZY! It has been really neat the past two weeks to be able to feel her head or bootie (not sure which one :) ) and feel her move really clearly and see my stomach move when she does. What an amazing thing to feel and experience...

4 comments:

Sara said...

Feeling the baby move is without a doubt my favorite part of pregnancy. It's amazing to realize there's a whole other PERSON living inside you. So cool.

I pray these last few weeks go by quickly and comfortably for you. Through the heartburn and sleepless nights that are sure to come, keep your eye on the goal - a healthy, beautiful Claribel in your arms!

Keep us up to date on how you're doing :)

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

You need to post pictures!

I always say that all a baby needs is food (you got that:), a place to poop (you have diapers) and a place to sleep. Of course they need love! I would say Claribel is set.

Melissa said...

I know Christy! This weekend we are going to be able to get the nursery really set up (that is the plan anyways) and i will be posting lots of pics :)

Sara- It is truly amazing, I agree! and really crazy to think about a whole other person inside... God made this a very cool and unique experience for us!

kelli said...

You're so close!! Wow, I am excited for you.
I looked up that shop you told me about -cute little things. I've made crochet flowers like that for hats before so I'm wondering if I could make those myself...might have to try! (what's one more project in the pile??:)

Hang in there these last weeks and enjoy the wonder of that sweet one rolling around in your tummy.