Monday, June 29, 2009

her nursery...

Well, we finally have *mostly* everything hung and done in her room, so I thought I would post some pictures- I am so happy with the way everything turned out and know we will enjoy spending a lot of time in her room
Ray and I painted these verses for her room (have to credit the ETSY shop Red Letter Art for the inspiration)
Close up of the inside of the bedding- I had a bear from d and Monie just like the dark brown one only mine was light brown (and I decided to put lotion all over it to make it softer, you know, like our skin... didn't work out quite so well). I ordered the mobile from PB Baby- Mom felt very strongly that Claribel would be missing out if she didn't have one that played music and spun around. I really like it, so grandma and mama are happy :)
This is the outside of the bed to show the fabric on the other side of the bumper- creamy white with mint green polka dots. The bed skirt has baby pink satin ribbon between the fabrics that won't be visible until it is altered as the mattress lowers. It was such a blast picking out fabrics and ribbons at High Fashion Fabric in Houston with Monie (which seems like forever ago). That place is amazing!
This is to the right of the crib- rocker/ glider, another verse (click on the picture to be able to read it), and the changing table/ bookshelf that my talented husband built.
Better view of the changing table. It has the narrow shelves on the sides for books and we can use it leter for toys, books or whatever. Ray did such a nice job, Dad sprayed it with his rig and I am just so happy with the end result!
This the wall opposite the crib, a piece of my grandad and grandmir's furniture. The drawers are perfect because they are pretty small to hold small clothes :) To the left of this is the closet, to the right is the door. The wall to the right of this and to the left of the crib will have a small china cabinet type piece that is so cute that Dad sprayed the same creamy white as the changing table, but it still has some work to be done to have it ready. Above it will be her name in wooden letters that I painted. Right now there is only the C and L and the beginning and end hanging up so I will add a picture once that is done.

So there it is... pretty much all ready for little miss to make her appearance. Now, I am just doing other little things that will be nice to have done, but are not necessities before she is here... 12 more days!

6 comments:

Rebecca & Tucker said...

Wow, I love it! Way-to-go Ray on the paintings and the changing table. We Petty girls married such talent! It's such a great room! I LOVE the Gund bear; gotta-getta-gund! I also love the bedding and the wonderful rocking chair! Also, I love the Beatrix Potter book that ya'll got. Now she can see the characters "come alive" when she sees them at the gradparents. Thanks for the pictures, I love it all!

Sara said...

Looks awesome! I love the crib fabrics and your changing table - such a good idea to build little shelves in.

Can't wait to see the little miss!!

Alissa said...

So cute, Melissa! I love the crib bedding and sheet...and the paintings are wonderful too. So excited for you!

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

THat is adorable and I know you feel so good having it done and ready. Now she can come anytime.

kelli said...

10 days?! YAY!
Oh my goodness...the room is amazing. I love it all -the family heirlooms, the awesome scripture paintings (are you taking orders yet?), the fabrics, the love.
You've got some talent, friend.
Gorgeous.

Kathryn said...

I am IN LOVE with your nursery! Makes me want to start all over again!!!