Monday, June 22, 2009

I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then...

This country song has been stuck in my head the past few days... here are some of the things I still wish I didn't have to know...

1. That my feet could swell up so much and look like elephant feet that no shoe on earth (esp. not one that Dillard's carries) can handle.
2. The heaving and ho-ing that would take place to sit up/ roll out of bed for the many bathroom trips each night.
3. How I could be SO ready to have this sweet little girl here, yet also hope for more time to get all those little things done.
4. That I can never wear a shirt more than one day before it is off to the hamper because of dropping something on it while eating/ drinking, etc.
5. That the swelling of said feet in item 1 would bring back pain from an ankle sprain over a year ago!
6. How hard it would be to concentrate on walking normally when I really want to rock back and forth in a waddle while I walk...

Of course I also didn't know how amazing this whole experience would be, having a living growing baby in my tummy, shifting all around :) And, in retrospect, this last 8 months has gone by pretty fast... although it hasn't always felt like it...

1 comments:

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

If you think you change shirts a lot now, just wait until sweet Claribel spits up, drools, snots and poops all over you multiple times a day. Even with Caroline being 11 months old I still get a patch of snot on my left shoulder almost daily. It is wonderful and worth it though.