Tuesday, February 24, 2009

UTI...

So, I have had a pretty terrible lingering cough for the past month and a half... along with that some congestion, sneezing, etc... About 2 weeks ago my back started hurting pretty bad just at my rib cage on the left side. I talked to different people and they said it was possible to injure your ribs with bad coughing- however, all that I read said that there was really nothing that could be done and you just had to give it time to heal. So, I didn't really rush out to see the doctor, especially since no xray's with the pregnancy (which is the only way they can really diagnose a rib injury).

Yesterday morning I was putting on my socks and coughed and heard/ felt a pop/ crack sound. Then I was keeling over with the worst pain EVER! Thankfully Ray had not left for the gym yet so we went to the St. Joe's express clinic to see what they said. The doctor had me give a urine sample, which i thought was kind of wierd... Then the nurse came back and said "He is diagnosing you with a urinary tract infection", like she herself thought it was a bogus copout. It really upset me because, hello!, something POPPED! I could tell she felt bad and I asked her if she thought he would have at least done an xray if I wasn't pregnant and she said "probably so".

So, that is fun... hopefully things will get better... It is really painful to laugh, cough, sneeze, etc... All those things that I am still doing a lot of with the lingering cough and congestion...

0 comments: