Friday, January 29, 2010

word for 2010

I really loved this word of the year idea from Lacy and have been thinking about what I wanted my word to be.  This turned into resolutions of sorts and then I read a blog entry of a friend from college which sealed the deal.  My word of the year is careCaring for me... taking care of all the things that I have been ignoring and setting aside as I focus on the needs, schedules, etc. of others.  I need to make some big changes in my life as far as my health is concerned... things I have been saying I was going to and truly wanting to do, but not doing.  I am going to do it this year, even though now I have a baby that is just one more person that I can focus on instead of myself, I must do this now.   Learn to care for myself now.  Not in months or years, but now.

2 comments:

Kier's Serendipity said...

Great word of the year! You hit on sometihng I need to do for myself as well!

Sara said...

I love it! Great word and goal - and when you learn how to care for yourself along with others, you'll be ahead of most moms I know (myself included!).