Sunday, January 31, 2010

the assignment

I guess I should go ahead and do this while I seem to have a few minutes... 
Fave high school memories:
Road trips to the football games.  Sometimes we had a few stragglers, but for the most part it was Kelli, Meredith Hare, Alissa, and myself.  We felt so grown up getting to drive to faraway places, like Conroe (ha).  We had our cd's with specific songs that we always played and sang out hearts out to, such as Mariah Carey's "Always Be My Baby", and TLC's "Waterfalls".  
Pep-Rallies on Friday afternoons were also lots of fun, especially when we were seniors with our overalls and the little spirit dance... fun times!
Annual TP job at Coach Wade's.  In 8th grade, our history (i think) teacher was Coach Wade.  Christina, Laurel, and I started an annual (i think it was at the end of the year) tradition of wrapping his house.  We did this with the help of Dara (if i remember correctly) the following years until we went to college.  I remember getting caught at least once in high school and having to clean it up as well as returning a parking sign at a business once it was already light outside.  I am sure he was glad he taught us in 8th grade... obviously he made some kind of an impression...
Putting BHS up for sale.  In the spring of senior year, me, alissa, Kelli, Meredith, Doug (if i remember right- i am probably forgetting some or misnaming some) decided to do a little senior prank.  We went around town and collected for sale signs and even got a bit tarp style "clearance sale" sign from a mobile home sales place and put them all over the campus.  We also made up flyers from a copied for sale by owner sign that had a cost of $97 (class of 1997).  We put the clearance sale sign under the big marqui sign by the stadium.  Unfortunately, the next morning was an early mowing day for maintenance and it was all cleaned up by the time we got to school, but they missed the clearance sale sign.  The next day, I remember the vice principals were nosing around trying to figure out who did it.  I really wanted to hand the principal one of the flyers before we walked across the stage for graduation, but was a chicken...  I wish I would have.

Favorite teachers:
Ms. Mueller (Calculus AP) definitely stands out as one of my more respected and best teachers.  That class really helped me in college in Engineering Cal 2.
Ms. Pennebaker (senior English AP) was also one that stands out and I give her the credit for not having to take English at TAMU, which was huge for me!
Ms. Richards (Biology AP) was definately also a favorite as she was of everyone who had her I am sure.  She was also our senior class sponsor.

Well, my Bitty is up from her nap, so I better go take care of that-

This was fun taking a stroll down memory lane- can't wait to see what the others write!

5 comments:

kelli said...

so has it been long enough that no one is going to come after us for those signs now that you've given us all up??
;)
that is a great memory.

katy said...

Love it. That prank is one for the record books -- what a bummer that it was (mostly) cleaned up before it could be fully appreciated!

Kier's Serendipity said...

Oh, I was so there for the For Sale signs in front of BHS. It was right after Isidro's graduation party. I rode along but that was the only devilment that I caused. I even was dropped off early as I was starting to get sick....aww...memories.

Melissa said...

That is right Kristin! I know I was missing some because it was a big group of us as i remember... funny...

Melissa said...

and kelli...
YES, unfortunately I am sure it has been long enough! haha :)