Monday, August 3, 2009

CG's Baby Shower...

I am a little late in posting this, but I had the pleasure to help hostess a baby shower a week ago Sunday for a friend from High School, Christina, with some other friends from High School that I have not seen in FOREVER! It was so nice to catch up with so many people that I have not seen in 10+ years... Laurel, Jessica L, Anne W, Whitney, Kendra, Dara... Of course it was all I could remember to make sure I had anything I might need for Claribel that I completely forgot my camera... Hopefully I can track down some pictures since Christina's sister Mary had her camera... I did take pictures of the diaper cake I made for a center piece. It was a fun project and looked really cute with the cake and flowers on the table. I have a feeling there might be more of these in my future :) I included a few other homemade items on the cake that I was planning on making for CG before we decided to do a diapercake: 4 burpcloths with fabric topstitched down the center, a little taggie blanket, and a flannel blanket with yellow on one side and a handsome navy stripe on the other. Most of the items on the cake were ones that CG registered for- the shoes, rubber duck that has a "hot" indicator on the bottom, the toys, pacifiers, and the baby soap and baby lotion that is at the center of the cake. Here are pictures going around the cake to the right...

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

Of course I LOVE it. I love everything you create and make!

katy said...

You did a great job, and the shower was fun. I enjoyed seeing everyone, too!

Melissa said...

Katy- I know! Hopefully I will be able to get together with you guys next time you guys do with us locals :)