Wednesday, August 12, 2009

One Month...

One Month old... it has gone by so fast, yet has felt like we have had you in our lives for much longer! The pics below were taken on your one month birthday... you have grown so so much and we just think you are the cutest baby- don't even get GrandE started...

The one below is what we call "angry elf" (from the movie Elf with Will Ferrell). It makes me so sad when you are sad and this was definitely the last picture of the bunch. I know pretty soon we are going to have to let you cry some to learn to go to sleep by yourself, but I am not ready quite yet.


Your head control is pretty strong thankfully since we have not done a lot of tummy time. You do sleep on your stomach (I know, I know...) so you get to practice your head control then as well. We got the Angelcare monitor which senses movement (good for tummy sleepers) and are hopefully going to get that all set up this weekend and start at least napping in your crib. The buggy is great, but you are getting pretty big in there and I think I will sleep much better when I can't hear all the noises so much... maybe...
We had some sadness at the beginning of the week. Your tiny big toenails were not growing in good and one had gotten a little infected. Your poor toe was bright red. So, we went to visit the doc on Monday and it turned out you had a slight fever and minor ear infection in your right ear- poor baby! So, we have been giving you antibiotics (Daddy is really good at it) and you seem to like it as much as I did when I was little- yummy ammoxicillian (sp?). The doctor said just to rub the toe nail out with a warm washrag which I did on Sunday when we noticed it and it was already looking better when the doctor saw it. It is not even really pink at all anymore. You also seem to be feeling better with the antibiotics (we had noticed that you were a bit fussy which was so abnormal for our sweet, happy baby).

This is a picture of some awake time on the baby einstein mat (Thanks Aunt Rachael). She does pretty good laying here looking at the whale. I know once she gets older it will be more and more fun for her!

Finally, our sweet sleeping baby, nothing cuter than a sleeping baby.
We will hopefully be posting some pictures soon from the photographer that came and took newborn pics (www.tinybirdphotography.com). They turned out really good and she was such a joy to work with. Sadness that she is moving to Houston, but hopefully she will still be up for CS shoots as our family grows.
Claribel, you have already brought immeasurable joy and love to our hearts and we can't imagine life without you sweet baby! We can't wait to see what the future holds for our now family of three (well, 4 with frandog) and know that the Lord has much in store!
We love you our little Bel-

4 comments:

Alissa said...

So cute! I can't believe she's already a month old! Drew never slept well on his back, so we put him on his belly and bought an Angelcare monitor for him....it gave me a lot of peace of mind, even though we got a few false alarms (usually when he had shifted to the far corner of his crib). And happy anniversary! PS. You'll be glad you had the baby pics taken....I didn't do that for either of mine and now I regret it. If we have a third, it's something I definitely want to do....

Rebecca & Tucker said...

Wow, little Claribel is looking a lot like Ray. I saw a little of Ray in her eyes when I changed her when she was so little, but now she's looking so much like him! She's such a cutie, I can't wait till we get to see her again. I hope she's feeling better and didn't get the ear infection gene that her aunt Rebecca got :)!

katy said...

She's so lovely, and that sleeping picture toward the bottom is fantastic!!!! What a doll.

James slept on his tummy from very early on, too. We'd put him down swaddled and on his side in a wedge, but by morning he'd be on his tummy. It made such a difference in helping him sleep well. You'd be surprised how many moms are perfectly content to try tummy sleeping!

Happy 1 month, Claribel!

Kathryn said...

Love the angel care monitor! I used it with Ella until about a month ago and she's not even a tummy sleeper. It gave me such peace of mind to let go and go to sleep instead of getting up to check on her all the time.
Beautiful family Thomases!!!